26 December 2008

It's off to England!!!

After our French Christmas, we headed to England for the remainder of our vacation. Katie and I figured this would be a perfect time to hop on a ferry and cross the channel as so many French and Brits do. When would we have another opportunity to say we had done this? Great idea, huh? CLICK HERE to see our journey.

Well, I still think it was a great idea but Katie might think differently. About 10 minutes after the ferry departed from Cherbourg, Katie got seasick and spent the entire 4 hours curled up in a ball on a chair either sleeping or gripping a seasick bag close. After Katie fell asleep, I decided to explore a little. Here are some pictures from the deck.

Sunrise on the channel.

Arriving in Portsmouth, England.

Some Navel ships at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard which is the home of the Royal Navy.

Upon arriving, we had some time to kill before meeting up with our couchsurfing host. All of the after Christmas sales were in full swing, so we went shopping. I finally got some new kicks that I have been wanting, some nice hiking boots. My feet have not felt this good in a long time!! I love my Puma's, but it's like walking in slippers on the concrete. We also picked up some new CDs from Duffy, Flight of the Concords, and Ryan Adams. This is also where Katie's "Twilight" obsession started.

Gunwharf Quays Area at dusk.

Katie relaxing at a pub waiting for our host.

Me, deep in thought..."I wonder when we will have some fish and chips." I call this pose, "The Thinker."

No, you're not crazy, the steering wheel on the right side and we are driving on the left side of the road.

No comments: